Please choose a route:
- Bath to Bournemouth and Wimborne Branch Line
- Burnham-on-Sea Branch Line
- Wells Branch Line
- Bridgwater Branch Line
The cleaned data (including calculations to convert miles / chains into kilometres) we used to compile the diagrams:
- Somerset & Dorset Railway Trust's List of Numbered Bridges (.xlsx) [Source (.pdf)]
- Somerset & Dorset Railway Heritage Trust's List of Crossings (.xlsx) [Sourced from issue 40 of The S&D Telegraph]
- Kevin Clapcott's S&D Distance Tables (.xlsx) [Source]
Our line diagrams display two types of crossing. The first is a public road crossing, marked with a icon. On the S&D, these can be grouped as:
- "Gated crossing", operated by railway staff;
- "User worked crossings", with gates operated by members of the public;
- "Open crossings", with no gates.
The second type is a private crossing, marked with a icon. These can be grouped as:
- "Occupation crossings", provided where the railway crossed a private road;
- "Accommodation crossings", provided where a line splits a piece of private land in two.